Education: BS, Marist College, '13; MPA, Marist College '17
- Former Member, Montville Twp. Board of Education (2015-2018)
- President, the Kiwanis Club of Montville, NJ
- Member, Montville Twp. Drug Awareness Council
- Vice President, Montville Twp. Republican Club
- Former Senate Speaker, Marist College S.G.A. (2010-2012)
- Former Director of Community Outreach, Marist College S.G.A (2012-2013)
- Recipient of the Jonah & Joan Sherman Scholarship for Community Service, the Gerard A. Cox Award for Service to Student Government, the Frances Reese Award for Community Service, and the Hermitage Award, at Marist College.
"History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
Michael D. JOhnson
is a graduate of Marist College and former elected member of the Montville Township Board of Education. During his time as an undergraduate, Michael was involved with a number of leadership programs and organizations, including Toastmasters International, the American Student Government Association (A.S.G.A.), the National Society of Leadership & Success (N.S.L.S.), the Marist College Emerging Leaders Program (E.L.P.) and the campus' chapter of the National Residence Hall Honorary (N.R.H.H.). The crowned jewel of his collegiate career, however, was his time spent in the service of the Marist College Student Government Association (S.G.A.), in which he presided as Senate Speaker for two administrations (from 2010 to 2012). Michael's perspective at MSL focuses on life lessons in leadership and self-discovery, coming from a shy kid who went from being the quiet voice at the back of the classroom to an influential voice in local politics. In the fall of 2017, he shared his story in his debut book, "From the Classroom to the Boardroom: Memoirs of a Student Leader".